Tuesday, September 24, 2024

 Thursday, October 27

Busy day. For the open house to honor Ren, I plan to hang as many of his paintings as possible. I went exploring at Empire Center for a frame for the second Italian monastery painting. Ren framed the first one, so I was trying to find a matching frame. No luck. Michael's, Target, Marshalls, Macy’s and back to Michael’s. They will custom frame it for not much more than what a regular frame would cost. I paid an “Expediting Fee” so it will be ready before the open house a week from Sunday.

Spent all afternoon trying to figure out how to transfer all the autopay bills from the old credit card to my new credit card. Ren’s hand-written passwords are not always clear. Was able to cancel Firestone wine club. It was only two bottles every couple of months, but I don't drink much, especially now.

Still feeling a great emptiness where Ren should be. I found myself tearing up as I stared at the frames in Michael’s--no particular memory, just a wave of sadness. But as I was in a public place, I was able to control it and take care of business. 

Later, I ate well because I have to. I felt that mild clutching in my chest a couple of times. Stress? And strangely, I have a pain on the right side at my waist area. Gallstones? Appendix? Hope not. 

Am I feeling phantom pains now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Satur day, November 26 Home from Thanksgiving at Mammoth. There was snow on the side of the road, but it didn't snow on us and the roads...