Monday, September 23, 2024

 

Saturday, October 15

Son 2 and his wife arrived to sort out more boxes in Ren’s office closet. We found a lot of Ren’s memories that his mother had kept: photos, his birthday cards from age 2 and up, valentines cards, even some really old cards from the 19-teens. Daughter-in-law will take them to antique stores in Orange County. She is also inspired to make a little display with photos of Ren from babyhood on up. I am not sure he would have approved, but perhaps he would be pleased anyway.

More minutia: Auto club on Monday for car mileage numbers and also to tell them not to include Ren on the auto insurance for next year. Little things like that keep catching me out. I find myself impatient for him to get home, to return to where he belongs, as if he’s on a trip. Only he’s not going to return. The brain knows, but the heart is having a hard time accepting.

Some of the family had lunch with me at the Smoke House to try out the desserts for the lunch after the niche-side ceremony. We had a pretty cheerful lunch considering. 

I paid with my Chase credit card.

I feel really sad but able to carry on and do what needs to be done. 

Awfully quiet after they left, though.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Satur day, November 26 Home from Thanksgiving at Mammoth. There was snow on the side of the road, but it didn't snow on us and the roads...