Monday, September 23, 2024

 Tuesday, October 18

I called Chase credit card, and after I identified myself, the woman offered condolences on the loss of my husband. They knew? How? I asked if that’s why my card was refused, and she said yes. She explained that since Ren was the primary card-holder and had died, the account had been closed. My argument that CA is a community property state did not move her. I was considered just another signature on his card, as if I were an employee. I realized they must monitor Social Security Administration as the funeral home notifies them of all deaths. Bingo. 

I am annoyed, outraged, and irritated that Chase Bank did not bother to notify me that the card is no longer active. They are quick enough to tell me if they suspect fraud, but left me hung out to dry when I lose my husband!

Why don’t they tell you these things before snatching away your lifeline?

Maybe I should go back to a cash-only existence. 

My card with the largest credit line is now no more. Thank goodness I still have the Citibank card, but I wonder for how much longer. 

I drove to my local branch of Chase Bank, where one of the young account managers was very helpful in helping me apply for a new card. I withdrew cash to (hopefully) tide me over until it arrives. And I put son 3 on my two checking accounts, so if I am disabled, he can still withdraw money.  So, pins and needles until the new card arrives.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Satur day, November 26 Home from Thanksgiving at Mammoth. There was snow on the side of the road, but it didn't snow on us and the roads...